Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

More Simple MYOG Stuff, and the Begining of Bigger Things to Come...

Well, I finally found a snug fitting sipper lid for my trapper mug. Believe it or not it's taken me months to find a lid that is a suitable size to be stretched out to work as a tight fitting lid. I sampled lids from several coffee places over the last several months, and low and behold the one that fit was free from the Iron Goat Pizzeria at Stevens Pass. I trimmed the lower reinforcement lip to make the lid more flexible and shave unneeded excess.


On another note I also found a source for the older version of the BPL Wing Esbit stove as soon as I get the money I will be purchasing the new stove. It weighs 14g instead of 11g (like the updated model) which is really negligible at the moment until I become a gram weenie and start shaving grams... It will also be coming with a titanium windscreen which weighs 8 grams for a 3.5"x24" windscreen. I'll have to trim it to size and my solo cook kit will be near completion!

Other notes as far as projects go... I finally received the the fabric/zippers/nano-see-um mesh to start sewing my lightweight bivy and I also received my minima vest kit. The vest will be another layer that I can add for warmth when I'm expecting freezing or or sub freezing temps.
The vest will be a .9oz Momentum DWR coyote brown outside with a black lining inside and 1.8oz synthetic insulation. The Bivy will be 1.1oz silnylon floor and .9oz Momentum DWR coyote brown upper shell.
it will look like this




No comments:

Post a Comment