Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Humpy Salmon Fishing on the Stilly 9/13/2009

I was supposed to be out of the house on time to make it all the way north to my mom's house to go fishing with my dad on the Stilly. As usual, I got up on time and was ready, but something delayed me and I got behind on schedule. I checked the mail and my ipod headphone jack repair kit came in the mail so I had to perform a quick surgery on the ipod, which took all of 10 minutes... The kicker was someone let my cat Orion into the backyard. Orion has been sick and had a vet appointment for monday so I didn't want him playing in the backyard... So I had to go out in the backyard and chase him around to get him back in the house. After that I got breakfast and gas was on my way to go fishing. I arrived an hour late and we loaded my stuff up. Dad, Jess and I then headed out fishing on the Stilly. We got there and it was packed, the spots next to the faster moving water were full, so we had to head up stream and fish the slower current. I started out fly fishing for the first several hours. They weren't biting on any of the flies I casted out.

After 3 or so hours of not catching anything I switched over to my dad's spare gear setup and started fishing. Not long after the fishing started to pick up and we were landing Humpy Salmon left and right. We fished until dusk hoping to catch a couple of the slivers that were mixed in, but to no avail, we only caught humpies. We cleaned our catch and headed home. It was a long drive home and I didn't get there till nearly midnight.

Humpy Salmon #1.
Humpy Salmon #2

No comments:

Post a Comment