Search This Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Middle Middle Section of the Middle Fork Snoqualmie Class III/IV 7/10/2011

Epic barely even starts to describe Sunday's adventure. So, maybe I've been out of commission for a little while but I can still paddle with a bum knee thankfully. Sunday was a personal step-up for me. I got a "new" boat and took it out for it's first full section run on my first trip down the middle-middle. The new boat is a lot looser, easier to turn, and auto stern squirts on me in the rapids. Is this a bad thing, not a chance. The whole point of buying a used Wavesport EZG 50 was to start learning to run bigger rivers and learn to play at the same time. It was definitely a little eerie when the bow raises and the boat starts spinning on the tail while you are traversing through your first class III/IV rapids, but at least I know it should be easy to start learning how to intentionally stern squirt the boat.

Anyhow we took off from the upper put-in at the concrete bridge and paddled all the way to tanner. Here's the video and I hope you enjoy! :)


The point at which you know you are screwed, and praying you hit your roll so you don't have to swim...
Getting a little crooked.

High brace out for the save!








No comments:

Post a Comment