A blog of my past, future, and present adventures. I dabble with a lot of activities, Whitewater Kayaking, Scuba Diving, Lightweight/Ultralight Backpacking, Snowboarding, Dirt biking/ATV Riding, 4wheeling, and all the goodies in between.
Search This Blog
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Labor Day Weekend and the White Salmon River
I was invited by Luther and some friends to the lower reaches of the White Salmon River to learn to run whitewater in a kayak. After a few previous lake sessions in the hard shell kayaks I finally got to run some whitewater! Now I'm addicted... I found a decent priced boat, spray skirt, and paddle off of craigslist a matter of days later... We camped on the Oregon side of the Columbia River, and commuted over to the river. Day one consisted of some teaching proper eddying techniques and moving on a slight current at the mouth of the river on the Northwestern Lake. After the lessons on the slight current, we headed up to the lower section of the White Salmon and ran it twice. Day 2 Luther and Josh ran the middle section of the White Salmon and Luther and I ran the lower section one more time. Here's some video...
The lower section of the White Salmon.
Josh and Luther's run down the middle section of the White Salmon.
Cooking breakfast day one.
The Columbia River from camp. Loading up and getting ready for kayaking. Camp and loading up. Definitely not what I'm used to cooking for camp breakfasts... Cooking day two's breakfast. The new toy I bought within 48 hours of returning from the trip... I'm hooked... It's like snowboarding without the lift pass.
No comments:
Post a Comment